Monday, May 9, 2016

Feliz dia de la madre!

Before I forget- there's actually a sister in my zone right now who is in the hospital, really sick, so if you could, please keep Hermana Juarez in your prayers!!

I don't have a ton to say, because I just barely talked to my family yesterday! But I do have a few interesting things I can share! 


Skyping with my family!

I had to hang up and call back, and when 
the Skype call connected, THIS was my view!
I just love my crazy sisters!!!

I went to the doctor Tuesday for my hip, and it turns out I pulled a muscle, and I had to get an anti-inflammatory shot! It was the last thing I was expecting. I thought maybe an x-ray, or physical therapy or something but not a shot! But it did actually help quite a bit, so that's good. I've found that if I stay really active and don't sit too much and let it get stiff, it's a lot better. 

My favorite Hna. Marble quote this week: "I love you, you're amazing, sorry I'm a butthead, now gimme some chocolate!" (I got some Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares from my dad for my birthday last week.) 

Something really cool that happened on Wednesday was we got a text from Aaron (Tyler’s friend) that said " I really want to meet up with you guys, I have some questions. Are you available next week?" That NEVER happens! It is really exciting teaching him, he is so prepared! 

YESTERDAY I ATE CHEESECAKE. I just really love cheesecake! Thank you Sis. Curtis! 

On Tuesday we had Zone Training Meeting, and it was actually super motivating and encouraging. It got me really pumped up to go out and talk to everyone. One thing we focused on is what our fears are about talking to the people we see. Then we talked about how there really is no excuse! Why not talk to everyone? What's the worst thing that could happen? You get rejected? They are a stranger, and you'll probably move in a couple of months anyways, so who cares? It's very freeing and liberating when you think about it that way. 

After ZTM some members showed up at the church and surprised us by taking all 18 of us in the zone out for lunch!! It was delicious! We went to this pizza place in Hood River. 


Mount Hood

I get to go to the temple Thursday!!! Since we do not have a temple in our mission, I haven't been able to go since I was at the MTC. But we got special permission to go to the Columbia River Temple as a zone and with President and Sister Lewis. I'm so excited!

Something really cool that I realized this week, while studying about the Plan of Salvation (more on that later) is that to be damned really means to not live up to your divine potential. It's like eternal regret. 



Some of my favorite verses this week:
1 Ne 17:13
2 Ne 2:11 <- what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
All of Isaiah chapter 29. SO COOL. 
Remember who you are and what you believe in. SUPERAR



 Our car was getting SO DIRTY and there are no car washes here!
We said, the only thing we can do is pray for rain!! Then the next day it poured!



 Making Mothers Day Cards!






No comments:

Post a Comment