Monday, February 29, 2016

Welcome Back to the Real World, Hermana!

So this week was pretty crazy, as you can imagine. Not as crazy as other weeks I've had. 

Monday I went to my last p-day with the Othello Zone. It was kind of sad, but I was pretty much through all of that by then, and getting excited for Yakima. We also said goodbye to Hermana Hall for good. She finished her mission. It was pretty funny because we were all signing transfer journals, and usually only one or two people are leaving the zone, but this time everyone left except three people, so it was like yearbook day. I was so tempted to just write HAGS!

​Final Othello Zone picture. I'll miss these guys so much!
Sis. Rasmussen is going to Yakima too, so hopefully I will see her.

Some of my besties from the Royal District


 Hermana Knight, Sister Fabiano, Sister Rassmusen, Sister Hirsche, 
Hermana Luevano, and Elder Gaburel

Hermana Knight, Sister Fabiano, and Sister Rasmussen 

Roomies!

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty sad because we had to go around and say goodbye to everyone. Saying goodbye to Ana was especially hard because of all the progress he has made and what a crucial point he is at right now. We told him we were leaving and he started to weep. It was the sweetest and saddest thing. And then a miracle happened--HE PRAYED. He is 81 years old and has never prayed a day in his life, and he prayed. It was amazing. It’s so hard to leave, but so amazing to see this miracle before we left. We were doubled out, meaning both companions are leaving, and elders were put into our area. Hopefully we took good enough notes!! That was seriously stressful. We got to meet the elders at the transfer site though, and I feel pretty good handing over my Royal to them. I know they will do great. Plus, now this sweet widower in our ward gets to have roommates! So that is really exciting for him. It was so hard to say goodbye to Bishop and Nancy. It was almost like leaving home again! I got really close with them. I am already looking forward to the day I can go back and introduce my family to them. Same with Katie and Larry, who gave me a very sweet goodbye present (Hi Katie! Love you!), Yvonne, and a bunch of other golden members. Ah, Royal. The promised land.



 "Mama Lee". She takes such good care of us!

Us with Andrea, the Branch President's wife 

 Us with Belinda and Ana

 Us with Bishop and Nancy and some of their kids.

 Us with some members of the branch in Royal.
I will miss them so much!

With our friend Yvonne

SO now that I finished my novella, TRANSFER DAY. Wednesday! I got to the transfer site, and started to get really excited. It's fun to get a new beginning and fresh new streets of new doors to knock, new investigators to teach, and tons of new Colombian vocabulary to learn! But then Hermana L started to get really sad. It hadn't really hit her yet, but she had a really hard time saying goodbye. I sure love her. I can't wait till I can see her again. When we got there, we found out I'm actually in a trio here in Yakima. I'm with Hermana Dee (Hermana L's trainer) and Hermana Streuling, and we are actually taking over both the Yakima Central and Yakima North areas. Hermana Streuling was supposed to be in Yakima north with a brand new missionary, but it turns out the new missionary is having a bad health problem and is staying at the MTC for a little longer. So it’s kind of sad, but fun to be in a “tri-pan”. We get to explore a lot more of Yakima, and it's cool because now I'm in Hermana Aldrich's (MTC Companion) old area. So I get to teach a bunch of her old investigators and converts! It’s also exciting, because she is in my zone so I'll get to see her today at p-day. It will be fun to catch up. I haven't seen her in about three months!


 Hermanas Knight and Dee

 Hermanas Knight and Streuling

Tri-pan!

It is so weird being back in a city again. There are actual businesses here! It was seriously culture shock, after six weeks in the MTC and then three months in Royal. There's so much stuff here! There's fast food all over the place, and Target, and a mall, and like 6 dentists.... WOW. It's exciting but so weird! Also there's like... neighborhoods. And not at least three miles in between every farm... and not farms. It's also pretty weird that there are five companionships of missionaries in my branch! So we see other missionaries all the time! We also have our own washer and dryer in our apartment, so that's pretty nice. Let’s see, what else... Oh we don't really get fed by members here that often, so that's really sad. That used to be one of the highlights of my day. But there are a lot of recent converts here (we had I think five baptisms last transfer in Yakima!) so now we get to visit recent converts every day. I think that's going to be my new highlight. 


The sign says "Welcome to Yakima" 

My desk at my new apartment

I can't really think of anything else to write about. It’s been a crazy weird week, but I'm adjusting pretty well. Hopefullly I'll have more exciting stories next week. 

Here's a great quote to start out your week. :
"Let us all be a little more forgiving, a little more tender in our associations with each other, a little more generous of each other's feelings. We are all our Father's children." -Elder Matthew Cowley, April 1951
Love you! 

-<3- Alison


 Me with a cool old car

I ordered a spare nametag and look what came! 
It's in SPANGLISH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment