Monday, March 13, 2017

Moxee here I come! One last Adventure!

So as y'all can probably tell from the description, I'm being transferred for my last 6 weeks! Pretty crazy. It really could have gone either way, because I've been here for 6 months already. I'll be serving in the Moxee Spanish area, which means I get to be part of the Terrace Heights Spanish branch! I am so excited. I'll also be serving in the Yakima Valley zone, which is a completely Spanish Zone (so Spanish meetings! ) AND that's the zone that Hermana Hull is in right now. (freaking out!!)  It's also exciting because all of Bea Garcia's family lives there! So I will get to meet her parents and brothers and uncles, etc. Anyway this will probably be a pretty short email just because I've got a lot of packing to do. 

Some highlights from this week: 

I got to go on exchanges with Sister McCourt on Wednesday and it was SO fun. I was so glad to have  a little break from my area because man was I stressed out last week. I don't know if I've been that stressed out since I had to double out of Royal! We got to meet a lot of interesting people, including the Monton family. The dad looks like Big Tex. I really should have taken a picture with him... We also had a lot of fun the past few days saying goodbye to different families. I think one of my favorite parts of this week was getting to sing a special musical number at church yesterday with Hermana Tolliver. So many people loved it, too! And the spirit was very strong. I love using our talents. Also, Rosa was such a good missionary this week! she gave away 3 copies of the Book of Mormon to her friends, and also introduced us to her friend Jorge, and invited him to church! Last night we went to the Reina's house and watched "The Testaments" with them. If you haven't see it you should! It's a little old but so so so good! 

Tomorrow will be my last day here (CRAZY) I'm going to miss my Spanish group people, but I'm also just so excited for one last hoorah before I go. I think it hasn't felt as sad leaving here because I know that I can just talk to everyone and FaceTime and call, etc. in only 6 weeks. Can you believe it? Time is flying by!  


I got to play a mandolin this week!

Roomies after exchanges!

Elder Powell and Elder Vejnar

Me beating up Elder Vejnar at morning workouts



Delicious chips from Rosa!

The Spanish group of Ellensburg, WA! (well most of them, at least)

Hermana Knight and Sister Walter

Hermana Knight and Sister Doman

Hermana Knight and Sister Roberson

The Halls and Hermana Knight

Sister Cook and Hermana Knight

The Shipmans and Hermana Knight

Hermana Knight and The Alemans

Goodbye Rosa!

Best Friends Forever!!!


I think that's all! I gotta pack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment