Monday, January 4, 2016

Ten Steps to a Miracle!

This week has been amazing. First and most important, on last Monday while I was at Walmart, I saw my first unibrow. Hahahah It was hilarious! I was like, “Hermana! My first unibrow! I've never seen one in real life!” And she was just cracking up. It was great. #peopleofwalmart 

Tuesday Hermanas Hall and Hirsche went on exchanges with some sisters in Moses Lake because they are the Sister Training Leaders. But when they got there they found out that Sis. Fox was on her way to the hospital because she had slipped and fallen on some ice. The four sisters, as well as the district leaders in Moses Lake ended up at the emergency room all night! Sis. Fox has a concussion :( No bueno.

Real life Lincoln Logs! (shout out to the Deorockis)

I have to give a shout out to my dad for doing a really great job on my Christmas presents this year. I love my new speakers! I can listen to my iPod wherever I want to now! I also love the headbands! Good job Ploddie!

I also put my picture wall up from Libbie! I love it. It is so cute and the pictures are perfect. Thank you Lib! And the picture book is perfect to carry around, so I can show people pictures of my family. Hna L wants me to not forget to thank Mom for the fuzzy socks. She is obsessed with them. 

 Cute string of photos from Libbie


I love my headbands from Dad!

Thank you Momma Cox for your letter! And congratulations to Kim!!! Welcome to the best club ever! 

Random awesome quote Elder Najarian told us in District Council this week "A goal without a plan is just a dream" -Remember this for your New Year’s resolutions!

Happy New Year, by the way! It was pretty funny, because we had to go in early on Thursday night and be in our apartment at 6 pm for safety reasons (I just cleaned with my extra time. lol I am my mother's daughter). We still had to have lights out by 10:30, so we just celebrated Texas and Mexico New year at 10 pm ha ha! Hermanas Hall and Hirsche got out some sparkling cider and the three of them drank it (I had water!) and we toasted to the new year.



 Roasting Hot Dogs on New Year's Eve

Soaking our feet together in the tub on New Years. It was squishy but fun.

My goal this year is to be more purposeful. It's something I have had in the back of my mind for a while now, but I really want to focus on it this year. Have a purpose behind everything I do, and have my purposes be rooted in scriptures. I thought it was going to be really hard, but so far it has been good. 

My scriptural heroes this week are Paul and Moroni. All of Corinthians, Galatians, and Ephesians are just golden! And Moroni is just the best. Alma 48:17 pretty much sums him up—“Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.” Another awesome scripture/ quote this week is from Pres. Hinckley, "Proverbs 16:32--Love flies out the window as contention enters."
 My new planner for January. I do like decorating them but we are really praying for iPads soon.

Corinthians is like a rainbow, because I love Paul's writing style so much!!
In other news, Hna L and I are both pretty sick this week. Fevers, coughs, and loss of voices all around. Two cool things though, are that first, every time we are teaching- we feel fine! And our voices work perfectly. Second, we ran into Bishop and Nancy (our second parents) at the church a couple of days ago, and then Bishop went to the store and bought us some medicine. I feel so, so, so much better now! 
So this week Hna L and I have been experiencing each other's food a lot. I have shown her Shrek shakes (she LOVES them), white cheddar popcorn, and baked sweet potatoes, and she gave me goat, and this nasty cucumber stuff that's like cucumber, lime, and really spicy chili powder.... not a fair trade if you ask me.
The weather here has been crazy. We have been getting so much snow! We try to be wise in our driving and parking, but I think Hna L has had to get out and push every day!


10 degrees today! It was 7 a few days ago, but we forgot to take a picture.

On Saturday we went up to Mardon (yes Dannai, I have been there often! And I have been to the restaurant where you worked!) and met three interesting new people. David is a new investigator who reminds me so much of my uncle! Weird... Then we met Diana and Jorge who are from Rockwall Texas! What are the chances? It was so cool, because Diana is actually a less-active member and was really uninterested in talking to us, but then when we found out we had that in common they let us come in, have a lesson and talk for almost two hours. Thank you, Heavenly Father! 
Okay now Sunday was the best part. We had a miracle with our new golden investigator Liesl! Here are the 10 steps:
1) We were impressed to knock on her door and met her three younger siblings, Anna, Lizzie, and Manny. They let us in, and we taught them and they invited us back. (Story I told last week)
2) We came back two days later and met Liesl, who was so perfectly prepared. Liesl invited herself to baptism, read the Book of Mormon, and quit Coffee.
3) Liesl didn't come to church yesterday and we were really sad. We prayed all through testimony meeting to find an answer of how to help her. 
4) An elderly member, Bro. Nelson, randomly came up to us after the meeting was over and starting bearing his testimony of Priesthood power. He shared two powerful stories from his life and ended up with all three of us in tears.
5) Bro. Nelson didn't know why he needed to tell us these things, but he said he just needed to. 
6) We realized that we needed to get a Priesthood holder as a member present for Liesl's next lesson. It was our answer. 
7) Uncle Larry (our other second dad) offered to come with us to a lesson with the Phil family (my favorites!!) because he and their dad grew up together. They were all sick though, so we decided to go to Liesl's house. Larry asked if he could come too. 
8) We got to Liesl's house, and her older brother and parents were there. Because Larry was there he was able to get the parents and older brother involved in the conversation and they stayed for the lesson. 
9) The mom invited herself and the family to church this Sunday, she said that what we were teaching just made sense. 
10) Now we have three new investigators, and Liesl can come to church!!!!!!!!!!! 
ISNT GOD SO GOOD? It's so amazing how all these puzzle pieces came together. He's just so good. 

I love you all so much!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment